A physician who assesses and manages various pain issues is a pain management specialist. A physician specializing in pain management treats both acute pain conditions like migraines and several chronic pain conditions like low back pain. Doctors specializing in pain management provide medication and procedure-based therapies that can relieve pain right where it starts.
Pain management specialists in Mumbai use the newest equipment to monitor anesthesia and hemodynamics. It provides painless labor, postoperative treatment, chronic disease pain management, and skilled preoperative evaluation.
The pain management specialists in Mumbai also offer anesthesiology treatments for oncological, orthopedic, and cardiovascular procedures and organ transplants.
Three categories best describe the forms of pain that a pain management physician treats. The initial pain is brought on by a direct tissue injury, such as arthritis. The second kind of pain is brought on by a nervous system disorder like a stroke or a nerve injury. Back pain is in the third category, which combines nerve and tissue damage.
- Disorders that result in pain from tissue damage
- Arthritis rheumatoid
- Abnormalities of the neurological system or the nerves that produce pain
- Stroke (post-stroke pain)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord damage
- Various pain disorders
- A sore neck
- Back pain
Here are five warning indicators you should watch out for:
1. If a particular move causes pain to persist
If it seems familiar to you, consulting a trained pain management physician might be what you need. Trying to localize the source of the pain using techniques like pain mapping or selective nerve-root blocking will be one of their initial actions.
2. If you experience difficulty doing daily activities
In other cases, the pain will gradually subside on its own. Try visiting one of Mumbai’s many pain management facilities if you notice that your pain isn’t getting better.
3. Radiating pain or unusual feelings
Numbness and tingling are further signs to watch out for in addition to radiation; they indicate potential significant problems that should be treated in a clinic.
4. A painkiller addiction
It’s unhealthy to depend on painkillers merely to get through the day. The adverse effects of long-term usage of these medications may significantly damage your health and quality of life.
Being unable to have a restful night’s sleep
There are many pain levels, and each person’s perception of pain must be considered. The pain may be acute enough to disrupt deep sleep.
Without surgery or a disproportionate reliance on medicine, a pain management specialist creates a treatment plan to relieve, lessen, or manage pain and assist patients in quickly returning to regular activities. The doctor works with an interdisciplinary team of medical experts to coordinate care to ensure that patient needs are satisfied. These experts include:
- Surgical professionals
- Occupational therapists
- Physical Therapists
Pain management specialists in Mumbai are primarily focused on the patient’s overall quality of life.
- Determine the origin of your back pain
The doctor must understand the patient’s discomfort before they can treat it. The source of some types of pain could be clear, such as a spinal fracture. The doctor uses the patient’s medical history and the results of the physical and neurological exams.
- Comprehensive Patient Evaluation
The patient’s present issue and medical background are discussed in-depth between the doctor and the patient.
- Examination: Both neurological and physical
Vital indicators such as the patient’s pulse, breathing, blood pressure, and others are evaluated during a physical examination.
- A frequent test used to assess the health of the body’s bone structures is the X-ray or radiograph. Results can indicate that more testing is required.
- Computed tomography, or CT scan, is a 3-dimensional imaging procedure used to assess bone and soft tissue. Each intricate anatomical illustration resembles a cross-section or slice of a specific body part.
- Magnetic resonance imaging, or MRI, is a powerful imaging technique. Because it offers tremendous detail regarding bones and soft tissues, MRI is frequently utilized for musculoskeletal examination.
- Small quantities of radionuclides (radioactive isotopes) are used in PET scans (Positron Emission Tomography) to evaluate tissue changes at the cellular level. When cancer is suspected, this test is carried out.
- The doctor might assess the intervertebral discs (one or more) as a potential pain source using discography. The test can simulate back or leg discomfort while evaluating the discs’ structural integrity. Each problematic disc is injected with a contrast dye before being subjected to an x-ray or CT scan as part of the treatment.
Pain management can provide solutions in some instances that other specializations cannot. Also, Best Orthopedic Doctor In Mumbai is specially trained to recognize a wide range of pain issues and develop efficient treatment programs for them.