Sleep apnea is a sleep-related disorder where it is difficult for you to breathe properly while sleeping. Obstructive sleep apnea treatment is necessary since the condition can cause severe health issues related to the heart when the treatment is not taken timely.
Sleep apnea can be of various types like obstructive sleep apnea, central sleep apnea and complex sleep apnea syndrome.
- Obstructive sleep apnea is the most common type of sleep apnea to occur. There is blockage of airways due to the collapse of soft tissues of the throat.
- Central sleep apnea occurs due to abnormality in the central nervous system. The muscles involved in breathing fail to work due to a lack of signals from the CNS.
- Complex sleep apnea syndrome is an emergency condition where one has both types of sleep apnea at once Walmart pharmacy hours
In the initial stages, obstructive sleep apnea is asymptomatic or has very mild symptoms which are usually noticed by the person sleeping beside you. You must seek the appropriate obstructive sleep apnea treatment which is why you need to be aware of the symptoms. As the disease progresses it can present with various symptoms like:
- Loud snoring while sleeping.
- Gasping for air while sleeping.
- Noisy breathing.
- Feeling fatigued even after enough sleep hours.
- Restlessness while sleeping.
- Facing difficulty in concentrating.
- Sore throat or dry mouth.
- Severe headaches.
- Sluggishness and irritability.
- Heart-related disorders like hypertension etc.
- Clinical depression.
- Sexual dysfunction and decrease in libido.
Treatment for sleep apnea
There are many interesting and amazing details about animals that you may not have known. For example, german shepherd mixed doberman Whether you’re interested in animals as pets, food sources, or natural history, you’ll find the information you need on About Animals.
Lifestyle changes play an important role in treating sleep apnea for all stages of it. Mild sleep apnea can get better alone with these changes while moderate or severe conditions require devices that help them breathe during the night.
- Lifestyle changes like losing weight and quitting habits like smoking are very helpful in treating mild apnea. If you have any nasal allergies, you must get that treated as well.
- Continuous positive airway pressure is a device that delivers air at a greater pressure than atmospheric pressure via a mask.
- Supplemental oxygen can help in getting relief from breathlessness while sleeping. It can be given in various forms available in the market.
- Surgery is chosen as a treatment when all the other ones seem to not affect the problem at all.
- Tissue removal consists of the removal of tissue from the top of the throat and rear of the mouth.
- Tissue shrinkage of the same tissues using radiofrequency ablation.
- Jaw positioning by moving it forward than other bones increase the space behind the tongue.
- Treating associated health issues is helpful in central apnea. Neuromuscular disorders or heart diseases when treated can help relieve sleep apnea.
Tissue removal and shrinkage have proven to be a great method for sleep apnea snoring treatment. If you notice the symptoms mentioned above in any of your family members, you must get them checked as soon as possible.
You must give every important detail like family history, personal medical history, current medications, the symptoms and their onset correctly. All these details will help the doctor to provide you with the best treatment.